About Wrestling Canada Lutte
Wrestling Canada Lutte is the national sport governing body for Olympic style wrestling in Canada. Among its responsibilities, the association selects and prepares Canada’s teams that participate in international competitions including Continental Championships, World Championships and major multi-sport Games (ie. Olympic Games).
Who we serve
Wrestling Canada Lutte serves a number of stakeholders to further its mission. The organization is committed to working in closer alignment with its provincial and territorial partners to deliver world-class programs and services to athletes, coaches, and officials. Wrestling Canada Lutte recognizes the significant contribution that the secondary and post-secondary school system makes to the growth of the sport and will continue to strengthen the relationship it has with these academic institutions.
What we do
The National Office of Wrestling Canada Lutte, in partnership with provincial and territorial wrestling organizations, provides a number of core services and programs to its members, in carrying out its mission. In addition, the National Office often plays a leadership role in advancing the sport of wrestling both domestically and internationally.
Wrestling Canada Lutte has confirmed the following six long-term strategic goals that it will continue to work towards achieving:
- Coordinating and assisting wrestlers, coaches, managers, trainers and officials in the pursuit of excellence in wrestling, regionally, provincially, nationally and internationally.
- Promoting the sport of amateur wrestling in Canada through its members and to the public at large.
- Unifying the sport of wrestling by providing the necessary leadership.
- Encouraging and developing the widest participation and highest proficiency in Olympic wrestling in Canada.
- Managing and governing the organization according to best practices and industry standards.
- Improving the skill and technical knowledge of wrestlers, coaches, managers, trainers and officials in Canada.
Achieve sustainable international excellence through the growth of wrestling in Canada.
Provide leadership, support and safety nationally for our athletes & other participants in pursuit of international podium success.
Trust: Belief and confidence in the honesty and reliability of WCL and its Participants.
Collaboration: Uniting and cooperating in synergy with others towards a commonly shared purpose or outcome.
Excellence: Drive and determination to success by striving to do better in every aspect, both on and off the mat.
Inclusivity: Embodiment and acceptance of diverse people and ideas that builds a culture of respect, dignity and equity for all.
Integrity: Being honest, transparent and confident that all participants will act in the best interests of WCL, its Athletes and other Participants.