A 2016 Olympian, Michelle Fazzari will be competing at 62 kg in Australia. Fazzari won bronze at the 2017 World Championships in August. Her multi-sport competition experience also includes the 2013 Jeux de la Francophonie where she won gold. A daughter to Tony and Debbie Fazzari and coached by two-time Olympian Marty Calder, it was based on a dare with friends in high school, that Fazzari started in the sport of wrestling. A proud member of the Brock Wrestling Club, Michelle Fazzari attended London 2012 as the training partner for three-time Olympic medalist Tonya Verbeek.
- Who was your wrestling idol growing up? – I didn’t have one, everyone looked like an idol when I was growing up.
- Do you have a pre match routine? – Yes, but it’s very adaptable to how I feel that day. I listen to how my body feels. 5 matches out I start my routine. I do always carry with me a message from my sister, husband, and Jevon Balfour
- Favorite wrestling moment of your career so far? – The next one to come 😉
- Best event you have taken part in? – Rio 2016
- Advice for the next generation of wrestlers? – Train outside your comfort zone and enjoy the pressure of competing. It’s a gift you only have for a short time in your life.