Saskatchewan Amateur Wrestling Association seeking Program Director
The Saskatchewan Amateur Wrestling Association (SAWA) is seeking a professional administrator to join our team as Program Director to work with the Board of Directors, and in support of our membership.
The Program Director of Saskatchewan Amateur Wrestling has leadership responsibility for the administration, financial management, communication, planning coordination for all administrative and technical components. The Program Director reports to the President of the Saskatchewan Amateur Wrestling Association (SAWA).
The Program Director will be required to interact with SAWA Member Clubs, Municipalities, SHSAA, Schools, Wrestling Canada, the Board of Directors and other stakeholders to promote wrestling across Saskatchewan.
The Program Director will lead & support all staff and the Board of Directors to help achieve all operational objectives, vision, and support its core values.
The Program Director is responsible for achieving the following outcomes.
- Support and create a high-performance empowered team within Saskatchewan Wrestling
- Outlines annual development plans
- Review current procedures and maintain the preparation of annual budget
- Administer procedures for accounting, monetary control, banking, payroll, source deductions and other financial services of SAWA right up to the final annual audit
- Preparation, presentation, and distribution of SAWA financial statements as required.
- Ensure appropriate cash control procedures are used for all programs.
- Provide guidance and support to both volunteers and future professional technical staff to develop programs for stakeholders of SAWA
- Develop and implement policies and procedures adopted by the SAWA Board of Directors.
- Liaise with external agencies and government on funded programs.
- Oversee the proper maintenance and storage of all Board documents including Bylaws, minutes, annual reports and financial statements.
- Conduct a full review within 12 months and recommend changes to existing policies and/or assist in the formulation of policies proving for the effective operation and governance of SAWA Board of Directors
- Establish and maintain efficient communication within SHSAA, SAWA clubs and its members
- Represent and speak on behalf of SAWA in accordance with established policies.
- Ensure that all SAWA communication systems (including website and standings) are operating efficiently and providing information to the membership or related agencies.
- Liaise with Wrestling Canada, and Provincial Associations as required
- Develop an operational package for all SAWA representative teams. Host an annual training seminar for all Representative teams’ staff covering budget and operational procedures.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a strategic plan and an ongoing strategic planning process for SAWA with specific measurable targets for one, three and five years.
- Support the VP of Technical or future Technical Staff with the development, implementation and monitoring of all technical, administrative and domestic program plans of SAWA
- Facilitate or coordinate annual planning review and consideration of new initiatives. (Board priorities)
Marketing and Promotion
- Review current marketing and promotion program and suggest any potential changes within 12 months.
- Provide liaison when necessary with corporate sponsors or funding agencies.
- Assist with fund-raising operations and development of promotional materials.
- Maximize municipal, provincial and federal grants.
Required Skills, Attributes & Experience
- Experience working with volunteers in a not-for-profit sporting organization
- Demonstrated Leadership ability
- Post-Secondary Education in Sport Delivery or Non-profit management.
- Excellent Communicator
- Successful applicant must be a self-starter who is able to work alone with minimal supervision and support
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks in a self-motivating environment.
- Excellent personal time management skills
- Familiarity with applying for and administering government grants.
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to, Simply Accounting, Excel, email, social media and other sport specific platforms
- Salary $50,000-$60,000 + benefits depending on experience.
As this position will require work to be performed outside of regular working hours, (occasional weekends and evenings), all applicants must clearly indicate their ability to be available for performing work functions at a variety of times. Willingness to be located in Regina or Saskatoon will be an asset.
Please forward your resume to sawahi[email protected]
Attention: Chris Brownrigg, Chairperson of the Hiring Committee