Job Posting – Wrestling Canada Lutte High Performance Manager
Position: High Performance Manager
Status: Full-time term contract until March 31, 2017 (the job description will be revisited after the Rio Games and may be revised and reposted at that time)
Location: National Office (Ottawa)
Application Deadline: July 24, 2015
Starting Date: August 5, 2015
Salary Range: commensurate with experience
Nature of the Position:
Wrestling Canada Lutte (WCL) is the national sport governing body for Olympic style wrestling in Canada. Working in collaboration with our partners, we support the development and growth of wrestling in Canada. We provide athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers and staff with the programs and services they need to succeed from playground to podium.
The Association is seeking a High Performance Manager to manage and operate WCL’s high performance national team program.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the High Performance Manager has authority to take measures that are necessary in the daily and ongoing management of WCL’s high performance national team program in accordance with approved budgets and policies. Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare, implement, monitor and evaluate multi-year and annual plans as they pertain to the high performance program.
- Plan and deliver all aspects of the National Team Program, including overseeing all activities associated with international competitions to ensure optimal athlete performance
- Ensure that effective coaching, training, sport science and medical services are provided through the Integrated Support Teams (IST)
- Manage the Athlete Assistance Program (Sport Canada Carding)
- Manage the Anti-Doping Program
- Serve on various WCL committees as ex-officio member
- Liaise with various stakeholders on an ongoing basis
View attachment for a detailed job description: HPM_Job_Description_July_2015
- Significant experience in high performance sport gained as an athlete, coach, official or administrator is essential
- Knowledge of the sport of wrestling as an athlete, coach, official or administrator is desirable and would be an asset
- Experience in program development and evaluation in a sport, recreation, physical education or active living environment
- Proven organizational, leadership and management skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Experience with budget management
- Experience with event management
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- The ability to communicate in both of Canada’s official languages would be an asset
- Post-secondary degree
Applications for the Position
Wrestling Canada Lutte hires on the basis of merit. It is committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Applications for the position must be received no later than the end of business Friday, July 24th, 2015. This application deadline may be extended at the discretion of the Association. We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
Please mail or e-mail your résumé and covering letter, in confidence, to:
Wrestling Canada Lutte
Unit 7, 5370 Canotek Road
Ottawa, ON K1J 9E6
Tel: (613) 748-5686 x.3
Fax: (613) 748-5756
E-mail: [email protected]
THIS POSITION IS MADE POSSIBLE WITH FINANCIAL SUPPORT FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive the latest updates from Wrestling Canada Lutte.