NOTICE – Rule changes in effect for 2014 Guelph Open
Please be advised that the following rule changes will be in effect for the 2014 Guelph Open. These changes will supersede those published in the 2013-2014 edition of the Wrestling Canada Lutte Rulebook. All other rules previously published in the 2013-2014 edition will be in effect.
A wrestler must have a minimum of 30 minutes rest between the end of one bout and the beginning of the next bout.
• 10 points for Freestyle Wrestling
• Freestyle Wrestling: 4 points for all throws
End of Match
• Elimination of 2 x 3 points and 1 x 5 points resulting in a victory
• Elimination of the 5 second count for the 1 additional back point exposure
• Any penalty imposed for a false start will receive 1 point (not 2 points as currently practiced)
• From the standing or neutral position, whenever a wrestler secures control of his/her opponent and brings him down without back exposure, 2 points are awarded. This may occur as either an offensive or defensive maneuver (anything that goes directly from the feet to the back is worth 4 points)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive the latest updates from Wrestling Canada Lutte.