TO2015 #WeArePanAm Parapan Athlete Campaign
While it’s been great to see the enthusiasm towards Canada’s athletes and their achievements in Sochi, it is important to remember another key event coming up quickly.
February 25th marks 500 days to TORONTO 2015 and to mark the occasion, TO2015 is encouraging athletes to join our social media #WeArePanAm campaign.
Our goal is to create buzz within the athlete community and get athletes commenting on social media about the TORONTO 2015 Games and what it means to compete at home.
What we are asking:
Use your phone to take a quick 30 second to 1 minute video and send it to us. Your video will be a part of the larger “We are Pan Am” video campaign housed on YouTube and www.toronto2015.org and promoted via social media.
Have some fun with your video if you’d like!
Ideas to capture on video
1. The funniest thing that has ever happened to you as an athlete on your journey to Toronto 2015.
2. Tell us why Toronto and the region hosting these games fit the slogan “We are Pan Am”
3. How and why competing at home gets you motivated and excited? How rare is it? What does it mean to your family? (Include family member if appropriate) How much more motivated does it leave you feeling especially after watching what is happening in Sochi.
4. Include some fun “behind the scenes” footage if possible.
Upload your video to https://www.sendspace.com/
Send file link to [email protected]
We are hoping some of you can get a video to us early by Feb. 20 so we can get the ball rolling and create buzz right off the bat.
Participating in our Campaign if possible
1. Upload your video to your YouTube account and/or send it to us to post
2. Share the video on all of your social channels (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) and include a message asking others to share.
3. Email the video to your all of your contacts including Sport Federations, Coaches, Family and Sport Facilities etc.
Please use your celebrity status to help us spread the word about our Games.
1. Follow, Like and Subscribe to our properties at:
Twitter – https://twitter.com/TO2015
Instagram – http://instagram.com/toronto2015
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/toronto2015
YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/Toronto2015Games
2. Search the hashtag #WeArePanAm on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and comment on, Like and Re-Tweet our athlete-related posts.
3. Post your own thoughts on Social Media around your excitement to see our Canadian athletes compete on home soil using the #WeArePanAm hashtag.
We are looking forward to your participation in our campaign. It will help demonstrate to the general public the enthusiasm the athlete community has for the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games, promote your stories and get people talking!!
NOTE: We will use as many of the selected videos as possible during the campaign