WCL Interim Vaccine Mandate
Following support and direction from WCL’s membership and recognition that vaccinations are the safest and most effective way to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and reduce its impacts, both short and long-term, work has been progressing on the development of a WCL vaccine policy.
The Board of Directors met this / last week to review a draft vaccine policy and have resolved to seek additional guidance from experts. WCL has a responsibility to take all possible reasonable steps to combat the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the ongoing safety of our wrestling community, the following interim measures will be in place effective immediately:
Interim Vaccine Mandate:
- Mandate applied to all individuals (including, but not limited to: athletes, coaches, officials, medical personnel, team support staff, staff, volunteers, guest and spectators) that attend WCL in-person sanctioned activities.
- All individuals seeking participation or attendance must be Fully Vaccinated.
- Fully Vaccinated means a status that an individual achieves 14 days after they have received all the recommended number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada and requires the individual to maintain the recommended number and type of vaccine doses as updated and required by Heath Canada thereafter.
- Individuals will be required to provide Proof of Vaccination as directed by WCL.
- Proof of Vaccination refers to government issued electronic documentation demonstrating that an individual has been Fully Vaccinated, along with government issued photo identification that matches the individual. Vaccination status information will not be collected or stored after Proof of Vaccination has been verified.
- All additional COVID-19 requirements in effect will be based on applicable health and safety measures required or recommended by the provincial public health authorities and related event organization policies.
- When travelling to other countries as sanctioned by WCL, individuals are additionally required to follow the laws, and comply with applicable COVID-19 health and safety measures required or recommended issued by local government and related event organization policies in effect.
- For individuals that travel internationally as sanctioned by WCL, vaccination status must be available for provision to any parties requiring documentation for travel, international federations or organizers running competitions or events, or when determined to be necessary by WCL.
- Any individual who submits fraudulent Proof of Vaccination or any other fraudulent or misleading information regarding any issue under this mandate will be subject to discipline pursuant to WCL’s Discipline & Complaints Policy.