WCL Seeking Volunteers for Gender Equity Project
WCL aims to be a leading wrestling nation through the growth and development of wrestling in Canada. As part of this goal, WCL has partnered with Canadian Women & Sport to participate in the Gender Equity Playbook, which includes the completion of a gender equity assessment, developed in partnership with Ryerson University.
The objective of the Gender Equity in Sport Assessment Tool is to take a comprehensive view of the practices, processes, and policies of WCL to identify areas of improvement from a gender equity and diversity perspective.
To support this initiative, WCL is seeking volunteers from across all membership groups:
- Administrative/Support Staff
- Provincial/Territorial Sport Organizations (PTSOs)
- INTRODUCTORY CALL: Estimated time: 1 hour (September 16 or 17)
- GENDER EQUITY e-MODULE: Online e-module to be completed by all participants to ensure a common understanding of gender equity language. Estimated time: 2 hours (September 18 to 20)
- GENDER EQUITY IN SPORT ASSESSMENT TOOL (GESAT): Online survey consisting of 100 questions to assess the gender equity among WCL constituent groups. Estimated time: 1-3 hours (September 21 or 22)
- GENDER EQUITY WORKSHOPS: Participants will be asked to participate in two, 2-hour workshops using a video chat platform to discuss the learnings from the GESAT. Workshops will be scheduled on consecutive days. Estimated time: 4 hours (Week of October 5)
A maximum of 10 volunteers will be accepted, 2 from each group. If interested, please submit a completed Expression of Interest Form by email to: [email protected] by noon, September 15, 2020.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive the latest updates from Wrestling Canada Lutte.