WCL seeks independent third party to further promote Safe Sport culture
WCL is seeking the services of an independent third party on a contract basis to further promote a Safe Sport culture across WCL.
- Qualified to analyze complaints and determine whether they are admissible such as, but not limited to, Certified Human Resources Professionals (CHRP) and practising lawyers.
- Knowledgeable of all applicable policies of WCL (code of conduct, complaints, antiharassment, safe sport, discipline, etc.)
- Independent from WCL:
- Professionally: is not a current or recent employee, board member, volunteer or member; if a lawyer, is not the lawyer representing the interests of WCL in other circumstances;
- Personally: is not a family member, business associate/partner, spouse, or friend of any individual subject to the applicable policies; has no vested interest in protecting WCL and its reputation.
- Able to address complaints professionally in both official languages.
- Physically working in Canada, to safeguard the personal information relating to the complaints, investigations and disciplinary proceedings.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Receives complaints, allegations and concerns of possible breaches of WCL’s conduct policies.
- Determines if a complaint is admissible.
- Preserves the confidentiality of the complaints, allegations or concerns so that no one potentially conflicted in the organization may discover who the complainant is, who the person alleged to have breached the rules is, and what the allegations are about.
- May report to a designated individual in the organization that a complaint was received, or that an investigation must be initiated, but in a completely anonymous fashion and as long as such individual is not involved nor conflicted in the matter at hand.
- Is given clear guidance on the limits of his/her authority when an investigation is warranted, for example:
- to obtain a preliminary assessment from one or more investigators prior to recommending a full investigation;
- to designate who the investigator will be;
- to hire an investigator or a team of investigators;
- to receive a copy of the full investigation report, ensure compliance with the report’s recommendations and oversee next steps required by the applicable policies;
- be in charge of reporting to Sport Canada the existence and disposition of complaints.
- Respects the highest standards in preserving confidentiality of the complaints, related documents and personal information, to the extent required by law and by the applicable policies.
Please submit your resume and covering letter, in confidence, to Tamara Medwidsky, Executive Director ([email protected]) by September 04, 2020. This application deadline may be extended at the discretion of WCL.
Please indicate “INDEPENDENT THIRD PARTY” in the subject line of your email.
WCL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In addition, we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
THIS POSITION IS MADE POSSIBLE WITH FINANCIAL SUPPORT FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive the latest updates from Wrestling Canada Lutte.